Parish of Kingsbury Episcopi Interim Website
Parish Calendar
Click calendar to enlarge
Invitation to all residents, organisations and businesses in Kingsbury Episcopi Parish. (East, West & Middle Lambrook, Stembridge, Higher & Lower Burrow, Thorney, Gawbridge And Kingsbury Episcopi) Come along to the Annual Parish Meeting On 26 th March 2020 at 8pm At KINGSBURY EPISCOPI COMMUNITY CENTRE Tea, coffee and biscuits will be served. We need your help in producing our Neighbourhood Plan for the future of our Parish. This will include future development for employment as well as housing that meets our needs whilst ensuring that new buildings harmonise with our older ones and that our valued landscapes and wildlife habitats are not impaired. Come along and hear about what your local organisations and the Parish Council have done this year. Tell us what you would like the Parish Council to do this coming year. Do you have views on grass verges, litter, traffic and speeding, potholes and blocked drains? This is not a Parish Council meeting, this is an open meeting for all parishioners so why not come along and tell us your views, suggestions, ask questions whilst enjoying a cup of tea or coffee and biscuits!! Sarah Potepa Parish Clerk
Parish Notices and Flyers (Click to enlarge)
Parish Council Minutes Parish Council Agenda (Click to bring on top) Return to top Return to top Return to top Return to top Return to top Return to top Return to top Return to top Return to top Return to top
Cancelled due to Covid19 To be reconvened when pandemic has run its course.
Parish Council notices Return to top Return to top
Parish Council Notices will go here
For comments or contributions on this website please contact:- parish@kingsburyepiscopi.com
Kingsbury Episcopi Parish Councillors Chris Aplin – Higher Burrow Farm, Kingsbury Episcopi. – chris@ocmis.com 01460 241436 Sally Brooks – Southways, Silver Street, Kingsbury Episcopi. – sallyannbrooks@tiscali.co.uk 01935 824612 Tracey Burnett, Rose Villa, Lower Burrow - steves-windscreen@btconnect.com 01460 242347 Paul Carpenter, Oakwood Cottage, West End, K.E. - pcarpenter49@gmail.com 01935 825470 Kevin Cox – The Bungalow, Stembridge. – coxykev@yahoo.co.uk 01460 249139 Richard Dowdeswell – Mallow Cross, West Lambrook. – richard@loudandbow.com 01460 242429 Nick Frost, The Old Rising Sun, Thorney. - nick@frostline.org.uk 01458 250994 Lorraine Langford- Willowood, Stembridge. – lglangford@icloud.com 01460 241188 Peter Loxston, Oak Cottage, Burrow Way - pete@loxston.co.uk 07970 275756 Clare Paul – Tuppence House, Stembridge, - clarepaul1@gmail.com 01460 241895 PaulineWarren – Hill House, Stembrdge. – paulinewarren3@hotmail.com 01460 240092 Parish clerk – Sarah Potepa, Hayes Farm, Silver Street, East Lambrook, TA13 5HW Kingsbury-Episcopi.pc@hotmail.com 01460242369 County Councillor – Clare Paull - capaul@somerset.gov.uk District Councillor – Mike Stanton - mike.stanton@southsomerset.gov.uk Councillors Register of interests forms are available on the District Councils website www.southsomerset.gov.uk
In light of the Covid-19 pandemic and government advice, Parish Council meetings will be held virtually using Microsoft teams for the foreseeable future. The agenda’s will still be posted on the notice boards each month and if a member of the public wishes to be present at the meeting using Microsoft teams, can you please email the clerk prior to the meeting so that a link can be sent to you on the evening where you will be invited to comment or ask questions during public question time. If you are unable to attend using Microsoft teams please email the clerk with your question or comments and she will bring it to the attention of the Parish Council at the meeting. Email: Kingsbury-Episcopi.pc@hotmail.com VIRTUAL MEETING OF THE PARISH COUNCIL FOR KINGSBURY EPISCOPI  ON WEDNESDAY 7TH OCTOBER 2020 AT 8PM. Public Question time/comments.  Agenda 	1.	Apologies for absence. 	2.	Declarations of Interest. 	3.	Confirmation of minutes of previous meeting held on the 2nd September 2020. 	4.	Appoint one councillor by co-option. 	5.	Planning: 20/02384/OUT – Outline application with all matters reserved except for access for the erection of 1no dwelling on land between Burrowdale and Nine acres, Lower Burrow for Mr Holland.20/02266/FUL – The carrying out of alterations to roof to change the material to terne-coated stainless steel roof covering to the north aisle roof at St Martins Church, Church Street, Kingsbury Episcopi. 	6.	Cheques: Mrs S Potepa - £1475.00 – Three months’ salary.                 Mrs S Potepa - £14.00 – Cork board for West Lambrook Kiosk                  SSDC - £168.72 – Parish Ranger fees for February.         	7.	Climate Emergency Community Fund: Application for bids. 	8.	SCC: Consultation on One Somerset. 	9.	Milestones in the Parish. 	10.	Community Right to Bid: Update on Lock-up. 	11.	SSDC: The Great Parish Tree Giveaway.  	12.	Parish Litter Pick.  	13.	Footpaths and Bridleways: Update on Countryside Rights of Way Act 2000 and updating the definitive map of footpaths. 	14.	Highway Matters: Burrow Hill road closure 12th October 2020 for five days.                                 Small improvement scheme update.                                 Update on Burrow Way.                                 Update on Gawbridge and request for crash barriers.                                       	15.	Date and time of next meeting.                                                                                               Sarah Potepa                                                                                             Parish Clerk Return to top Return to top
In light of the Coronavirus(Covid-19) pandemic and government advice the following meeting was held via Skype. The agenda had been posted on all notice boards and the public were given the opportunity to contact the clerk if they wished to attend the meeting via Skype. Parish Council Meeting 3 rd June 2020.
 DIARY DATES September - November 2020
NEW!
9. To approve the future use of telephone kiosk at West Lambrook: After a full and frank discussion cllrs resolved to approve that the kiosk be used as a book exchange and a notice board. 10.SSDC:Cllrs discussed the Community Right to Bid initiative. It was agreed to take another look at establishing who owned the Lock-Up. Also to put together a list of other possible properties in the Parish, that if were to be put on the market that the Community would have the opportunity to purchase the property first. Since Covid-19 began the services of the Parish Ranger have been suspended, they are now able to return to parishes, cllrs agreed that there is work for him and clerk would contact SSDC to organise his return.     11.Quarterly update from Community Shop and Community Centre:The Community Centre would be reopening from the 7th September with limited use. Grants had been received during Covid-19 and the centre is financially secure. Although Party by the Party had to be cancelled, no money has been lost through its cancellation, but obviously no money has been raised. The shop has been a vital facility throughout Covid-19 and the volunteers have really done well. The volunteer pool has diminished though, so more volunteers are needed. The café is doing well and they now have 2 tables inside as well. They are trying to increase the hours of opening for the Post Office. Sally is the full time manager and Angus is now back so shop and post office is running well.  It had been suggested that as Cllr Warren was not now managing the shop that perhaps the chair of the Kingsbury Community Enterprise Ltd be asked to attend the meetings quarterly to give the update. Cllr Warren stated she was happy to continue to report quarterly and cllrs agreed that she should continue. Cllrs all agreed that the Community Shop staff and volunteers had done an amazing job during these trying times and a letter of thanks should be sent to them.   12.SCC: Cllrs were reminded to read the business case for One Somerset  and also the business case from SSDC called Stronger Somerset and email the clerk with any comments, observations or suggestions to put forward.     13.Avon and Somerset Police: A response had been received regarding the speed enforcement motorbike attending along Thorney Road. A suitable location had not been agreed as yet. It was asked whether Burrow Way could be considered as well. Cllrs were asked whether any plans had been made for a remembrance day parade this year, it was suggested that the clerk speak to Mark Leech.   14.Footpaths and Bridleways: Update on repairs to footpath from Scotts Lane to Middle Street, East Lambrook. This scheme had not made it onto next year’s list of works, so could be a while. Cllr Loxston informed the cllrs that a scheme to remap footpaths under the Countryside Rights of Way Act 2000 is being undertaken and any unused paths that are not put forward to be kept on the definitive map could be lost. Cllr Loxston would investigate further and gather more information on this project and it was suggested that perhaps a walking group could be put together to walk the paths to clear overgrown paths to ensure they were not lost forever. 15.Highway Matters: Cllrs were informed that Owl Street, East Lambrook would be closed for a few days for BT works to be carried out from the 9th September. No news had been heard regarding white lining through the parish and no update on the Small Improvement Scheme for a new pavement from The Avenue to Threadneedle Close.   16.Date and time of next meeting: Wednesday 7th October 2020 at 8pm, venue to be confirmed depending on Covid-19.     Prior to the meeting commencing the chair pointed out that the toilets and kitchen areas were out of bounds and in the event of a fire please leave through either of the exits. She also explained that members of the public would have their opportunity to speak on any topic, during public question time.    Public Question Time: It was asked, now that the walling and pillar had been repaired on the bridge at Gawbridge, there is now a large gap in the hedge next to the wall which if a vehicle were to accidently drive through it is a sheer drop into the river. Could we ask Highways to put some crash barriers there and also on the opposite corner of the bridge where there is a similar problem. Clerk would contact Highways and Martock Parish Council as that is in Martock Parish. The applicant for the planning application at Burrow Way informed cllrs that they had amended the application to address the issues that were raised by County Highways and the Parish Council.    Present via Skype: Mrs L Langford(Chair), Miss S Brooks, Mrs T Burnett,  Mrs P Warren, Messrs P Carpenter, K Cox and P Loxston. Cllr M Stanton attended via skype.   1.  Apologies for Absence: Miss C Paul, Messrs C Aplin and N Frost. 2.  Declarations of Interests:  Cllr S Brooks regarding planning application at Burrow Way, Stembridge.Cllr Langford regarding planning application at Homeleigh, Stembridge. 3.  Confirmation of previous minutes: Minutes for the 1st July 2020 were agreed signed. 4.  Planning:After a full and frank discussion cllrs resolved to support the following planning applications. 20/01225/OUT – Outline application with all matters reserved save for access for the erection of 4no dwellings on land south of Burrow Way, Stembridge.  20/02045/FUL – Erection of agricultural building for the storage of agricultural equipment(including a small tractor and trailer) required in connection with the maintenance of the surrounding land on land rear of Bladon way, Folly Road, Kingsbury Episcopi. 20/02233/HOU – Demolition and replacement of outbuilding to provide ancillary garden room/potting shed at Homeleigh, Stembridge. An amended application had been received regarding the change of use of land OS2200, Folly Road and for the stationing of a shepherds cabin for holiday accommodation, which cllrs needed to send comments to the clerk before the 11th September. It was suggested that as it is for holiday accommodation that a condition is applied regarding noise, and as a noise complaint had been received regarding the building site at Crate Cottage, Kingsbury Episcopi, it was felt that perhaps a curfew between 11pm and 8am is applied. Also the previous concerns regarding the planting of a hedge alongside the footpath still applied and also suggested that access to the site should be via Home Farm’s access onto Folly Road.  5.  Cheques: Cllrs resolved to approve the following cheque. SALC - £370.56 – Affiliation fee. 6.  Cemetery:  Cllr Brooks requested £100 to purchase some perennials to go around the lock up which was approved. She also told cllrs that the compost compound at the cemetery needed rebuilding, and she would get a quote for the next meeting. 7.  Parish Council Meetings:At the present time the school would probably not be available for the Parish Council meetings, cllrs agreed that the Church Rooms were more than suitable for the meetings and cllrs were happy to meet there for the foreseeable future. Cllrs were asked whether they would like to hold an Annual Parish Council meeting(normally held in May) where the chair and other committees would be appointed or to carry on as we are until May 2021. Cllrs agreed to carry on as we are.   8.  Parish Councillor Vacancy: As more than 10 parishioners had requested an election and this would not be held until May 2021, cllrs were asked whether we carry on with just ten cllrs or co-opt on a new cllr. Cllr Cox suggested we should co-opt and this was agreed. Clerk would advertise the vacancy.
In light of the Coronavirus(Covid-19) pandemic and government advice the following meeting was held via Skype. The agenda had been posted on all notice boards and the public were given the opportunity to contact the clerk if they wished to attend the meeting via Skype.
Return to top Return to top